Dates, location and time of training and testing provided through the six district offices
Certification Forms and Documents
Request forms for replacement cards, affidavits, certifications and MSHA forms
Mine License Information
Documents for licensing a mine in Kentucky
Service charges for the Office of Mine Safety and Licensing including mine license, materials, class fees and drug testing
Underground Mine Foreman Training
Accidents and fatalities can be reduced when mine foremen perform their jobs in a safe and productive manner and lead by example. This happens only when foremen have been properly trained and insist that safe work habits and procedures are followed. The purpose of this training program is two-fold:
1. To prepare candidates for mine foreman certification with the necessary information and knowledge to reduce accidents and fatalities in Kentucky’s underground coal mines and to successfully complete the underground mine foreman certification examination.
2. To prepare a more knowledgeable and effective frontline supervisory workforce whose leadership will have a positive effect on those miners under their supervision.
THE KENTUCKY PERSONNEL CABINET
Career opportunities with the Commonwealth of Kentucky
The Kentucky Mining Institute
The Kentucky Mining Institute was organized in July 6, 1940 with the following objectives:
1. The advancement of the mining industry by encouraging and promoting the study and investigation of mining problems.
2. The promotion of education in practical and scientific mining.
3. The sponsoring of movements designed to bring about safer working conditions in and around the mines which will create a proper attitude towards safety on the part of the miners.